Thursday, July 17, 2014

Journal


Journal - Time for a new challenge at The Sweet Pea Stampers!!! Our challenge this time is Fairies. Sweet Pea Stamps have lots of Fairies, so go and take a peek. You won't be disappointed. 

For my project, I have made a journal. I just finished with Camp Dorothy, which is a Christ centered program for children who are tornado survivors. The children in that camp needed journals, so we all made them on the first day of the camp. This one is mine.

Many of you may know that my town of Moore Oklahoma was hit by an F-5 tornado last year. Hitting 2 elementary school during school hours. My own grandson, was in the hallway with 7 children who did not survive.



My image is Sweet Peas Birdy Lobe by Regan Kubecek  in Rubber and digi. I have colored this sweet image with Copics.


I spent hours punching butterflies for the camp. I cut up a gemstone swirl and used them as the flight trail for my butterflies.

Tip** I cut my gemstone swirls a lot. They are so pricey to buy and you really don't need all of the swirl. It can overwhelm a card.

**Another Tip** Use Modge Podge sparingly on thin paper, so you don't get the pucker in the paper that I got. After doing 120 journals, several others and myself learned that from experience!

The DP is from a block, that I long ago lost the cover to, so I am unsure of who made the paper.


I added more butterflies and used the punch around the page set by MS and added more gemstones to it.

I used a rose ribbon along the side. 

The kids enjoyed making the journals and with them decorated, they will keep hopefully look back at their notes. I had them write their scriptures on the various pages. I hope that it will give them comfort.

Shopping Our Stash #160 Can't put it down- That would be my Copic's and gemstones!
Top Tip Tuesday #124 Magical
Simon Says Stamp Blog Spots and Dots
Fab N Funky Challenges #223 Summer

10 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet journal, love the butterflies with their trails. Love the organza flower lace too. Such a lovely Summer card. Thanks so much for joining in our 'Feels Like Summer' challenge at Fab 'n' Funky. Hope you'll join in our next challenge too. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal is adorable! Love all the shades of pink, the sweet image and the beautiful butterflies. Your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful journal! I love that the children in Camp Dorothy got to make their own journals too. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Can't Put It Down" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous journal and I love all the pink. Such a lovely idea to make journals with all the children affected by the tornados too. Hopefully it will help them find a way to express themselves. Thank you for joining in the Fussy and Fancy Challenge this fortnight.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    F & F DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous - fabulous image and colours - Thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful pink journal and your tips are fab!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday - love this sweet fairy!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW vibrant too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous journal, and for such a wonderful cause. Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful project and fabulous coloring! Thanks for playing along with us in the Spots and Dots Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fairies and I love this journal, it's bright, happy and created for such a good cause.
    Luv and Pixie dust ^_^

    ReplyDelete