Friday, July 18, 2014

Girly Girl?


Girly Girl? - It is time for another challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity and Alphabet Challenge Blog. This weeks challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity is to laugh. When I looked at this image, I just knew that I wanted to make a girly card for a girl who was anything but girly. 

I had one little girl in my Sunday School class, who would arrive each Sunday in the most delicate dresses, complete with white gloves. And each Sunday she would be wrestling with the boys. Her appearance was such a contradiction in her actions and it would just crack me up.


So here is my little "princess" in all her glory, covered in mud. I have color Saturated Canary's "Nothing in my hands" image with Copics. I cut her with a SB die. 


DP is Authentique's Classique and Pretty.

The challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog is to use lace. I had some black lace in my stash to use. I placed it in the middle of a border cut with a MS punch. The vine swirl is CL. The flowers are HC and I used Worn Lipstick distress inks in the centers, then finished the flowers off with a black pearl pen.


My sentiment is hand written, then punched with SU punches.

Tuesday Morning Sketches #258 Sketch
Fussy and Fancy Challenge #118 Girly
Ribbon Girls Summer
Love to Create Challenge #124 Petals and Pearls - pearls are inside the center of the flowers.
Cutie Pie Challenge #73 Cute digi
Just Inspirational Challenges Shabby Chic
Everybody-Art-Challenge #287 Swirl
Oldie But a Goodie Challenge Schools Out

9 comments:

  1. your card is so awesome and delightful!

    hugs and kisses from germany, silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with your colored image and fab papers.Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Love to Create Petal & Pearls challenge !

    Jackie ~ LTC owner/designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable!! I love your story and how you made such a girly card with that fun image!! Beautiful DP and embellies!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it! I think we all know (or were) someone like that little girl in your class :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining our "Petals & Pearls" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Great card.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heehee Love how you made her a little dirty adventurous girl hahaha too funny I remember getting dirty like that as a kid when living at my grandpa's house. Great job on the shabby card and bringing back childhood memories. Thank you for playing with us at Just Inspirational Challenges' Shabby week.

    Katya Bess
    JIC DT

    Kattyxotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! The layered pink and black really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card Mari, cute image :) hugs x

    ReplyDelete