Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sweeping Through


Sweeping Through - This is my DT card for Creative Card Crew. Our sponsor for this challenge is Scrapping Center. A great place to get your crafting goodies. Not only for paper crafting, but for all crafts.

Our challenge for this fortnight is NO DESIGNER PAPERS. I didn't realize how dependant I am on my papers to formulate my projects. I found myself just staring at my image, thinking what colors do I use?


My image is Saturated Canary's "Sweet Oklahoma." Sweet Oklahoma was created by Krista as a fund raiser, to help my daughter rebuild after she lost her house in the recent tornado that struck my town of Moore Oklahoma.

The fund raiser is now over, but the image is really cute and a great one to have in your collection.

I colored her with Copics and added Stickles to her bow and Diamond Glaze to her boots. You can't see the Diamond Glaze on the boots, but they feel like plastic boots.


I put some white ink on my brick embossing folder, then ran some navy card stock through it . I like the effect. Without the ink, the design got lost in the depth.

I finished of the card with a ribbon, tied with my Bow Easy and a charm attached. The dots on top of the image are Dew Drops.


Divas by Design Challenge  distressing
Simply Create Too #40 Use colors in your flag - USA - red, white and blue
Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog #10 Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft Challenges #248 CAS with no flowers

13 comments:

  1. Stunning card Mari...beautiful colouring and you've done a brilliant job with no papers!

    And that's so generous of Krista and a lovely thought too. Hope your daughter is doing ok? My friend (in Noble) has been volunteering with her daughter at one of the churches and she said seeing all the distruction is just heartbreaking. It's going to take so long to rebuild and so many things that can't be replaced. So sad. Thinking of everyone involved.

    Anyway...thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love this Mari love the colours and LO xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Gorgeous image and I love your colours! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. like this card a lot thanks for sharing at Divas for design this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ur coloring is gorgeous, awesome image

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiul image and beautifully colored, great flag colors too.
    Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too challenge no. 40, Use Your Flag Colors. Join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mari! Beautifully card! Love the blue coloring as well as all of your fine details.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this is so pretty. Love the blue colouring and the bow with heart charms is a nice touch.
    {I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mari: Your card is so pretty!

    Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too for our 40th Challenge "Use the Colors in Your Country's Flag". Hope you enter our upcoming challenges too.


    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh that's really an awesome card! I had purchased that image but never realized it was to help your daughter!!! Hope they are ok now...

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Lacy Sunshine challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Love the image and the colors! Great layout, too!
    Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete