Friday, February 15, 2013

Rope Swing


Rope Swing - This is my DT project for Crafts 4 Eternity and Alphabet Challenge Blog. The challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity is Teddy Bear Picnic. The challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog is A = Anything with Wings.

My DP are K and Company Nature. I love the papers in this pad.


I could not resist using this sweet little fairy bear from Stamp Fairy. Isn't she the cutest?

I colored her with Copics and added Stickles to her wings, bow and bodice. I thought it would be fun to extend the ropes on her swing a little further out with twine, that I hung from a "tree branch." The branch is a Quick Kut die that I inked.


The wings on the fairy are small and hard to see, so I added another winged thing with a butterfly. The butterfly is a MS butterfly. The 3 pearls were made with a Kiwi pearl pen.


My flowers are recollections and a stem that I cut the flower from. I really like using colored wire that is spiraled around a paintbrush.

It has been a while since I have used dewdrops, but I rediscovered them for this project.

Cupcake Craft Challenges #229 Sketch
Color-me-classroom #61 Color with Texture
Shopping Our Stash #89 Birthday
Digital Tuesday Challenge #197 UP, up and away. That is how I always felt on a swing!!!
Paper Take Weekly hearts or flowers - I used flowers
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog #45 B is for Bear, Birthday, Brown, Butterfly,
Craft-Room Challenge  Handmade embellishment - rope swing on a branch


17 comments:

  1. The card is very sweet! Love the image and details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. Love the papers, design and wonderful detail.

    Hugs.
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Mari, I love the cute bear! Thanks for sharing have a great weekend hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mari, I love your bear and the colours you have put together are lovely.
    Love
    Amanda Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card Mari. I love those gorgeous papers and flowers and the image is adorable.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Awesome coloring and details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous. Pretty colours and I love how you extended that swing. keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, what a fun and ♥FAB♥ birthday card, i especially looooooooooove that totally AWESOME real "rope" for the swing, that's brilliant! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (birthday!) STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute - love how you have extended the swing. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week
    Hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, this is gorgeous! I love the rope swing and butterflies, and the coiled wire is a great idea! Thanks for joining in with our Handmade Embellishments theme at the Craft-Room this fortnight.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love rediscovering stuff in my stash! I haven't used dewdrops in a while either....It's awesome how you've brought the swing into 3D with the rope, and I love the cluster of flowers & wire :) Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping our Stash this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous take on the sketch! Love the cute image. Thank you for sharing with Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful use of the die cut flourish to act as a branch..genious! Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room this fortnight. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card - sweet image and beautiful DP's
    Thanks for playing along with us at PTW this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your cute and darling card. Thank you so much for joining our "up, up and away" Challenge at Digital Tuesday ;).

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card with beautiful details! Well done with this challenge Teddy Bear!

    ReplyDelete