Monday, April 2, 2012

Ye Olde Mappe


Ye Olde Mappe - Not only did I have so much fun making this card, but my 7 year old grandson wanted to make his own treasure map from the same digi stamp. His is the big one!
This is the sketch for Seems a Little Sketchy challenge. I turned the sketch (I find that turning it helps me to visualize the sketch from different angles) and forgot to turn if back around before posting it. You can go to Seems a Little Sketchy to see it turned correctly.

My DP's are Tim Holtz, Retro Grunge. I like them for masculine cards and thought they would be great for an old treasure map.
The pirate ship is a Cuttle Kids die cut. I cut it in a couple of colors and trimmed up some of the pieces to layer them. My stark white feather was trimed and aged with distress inks.
My sentiment is Hot off the press and punched with a SU word window punch.
The image is from our sponsor Delicious Doodles. This is a great image for masculine projects. What I really enjoyed about it was that I put away my cherished Copics and worked with tearing and distress inks. You can see, even a 7 year old can have fun with it. You should have seen his eyes when I crumbled the image. LOL

This is a close up of Tyler's map. Didn't he do a great job! I think everyone with a boy should have this image to play with, so head over to our sponsor, Delicious Doodles and buy it for your boy!

My Mums Craft Shop Challenges #50 Stamp it (Sentiment is stamped)
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #126 Digi
Fairytale-Challenge Blog #38 Everything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenges # Dots and Stripes
Stamp With Fun #155 No Easter

7 comments:

  1. Just a perfect mans card,fab detail. Thanks for sharing with CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great card for litlle or big pirates.
    Thank you for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining in at My Mums Craft shop challenge this week! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card and thanks for joining Crafty Catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card ,well done making it look so vintage.
    I love this I have had a look at your other creations and I like your style of crafting and so I am going to follow Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mari, what a brilliant card. I love the vintage/distressed look and your map is amazing. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice "piraten" card - perfect for us challenge = thank so much for playing with Craft Your Passion - hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete