Saturday, June 11, 2011

Monochromatic Birthday Calendar

Monochromatic Birthday Calendar book - I made one of these books for my daughter several years ago and I decided to make one for myself as well. It had been a long time since I had made something for myself. It took me a long time to pick a color palette, but finally I decided on a black and white color scheme. This page is finished and I will post the rest of the book when it is completed.


To make the book, you take 13 envelopes that are 6 X 9 and put all the flaps facing down. The bottom flap is sealed and all of the pages are covered. You can see that the flap is left and I chose to cover the flaps in a contrasting paper.

This is my August page. The top has the month and the flap opens to place any birthday card in it that I have made for August birthday's. All of my August birthdays will be written on the bottom page.

I created the August and date list on my computer. I used black and white tulle in a diamond crested slider. I believe the rhinestone swirl is by Prima. I made the bouquet with a variety of small flowers from the bridal section of my local Hobby Lobby and some more tulle.

The challenge at Craft Your Days Away is monochromatic and I hope you will join us. The prize this week is this adorable stamp from Crafty Emma's store.

4 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Mari, beautiful details x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really looks elegant, Mari! Lucky for your friends & family who will be included in your lovely birthday calendar. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birthday calendar Mari - its going to look fantastic when all of the pages are together.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete