Friday, June 24, 2011

Embossed Hugs


Embossed Hugs - This week's challenge at Sew Many Challenges is to dry emboss. Dry embossing is so easy and can add so much to a card. I used a paisley folder by CB that I borrowed from a friend.

My DP is Allegancy be K and Company, my favorite brand of paper. I love their bold colors. I used 3 tiny stars in the upper left hand corner and I "lassoed" my sentiment Hugs. I thought hugs with a cactus was a fun sentiment to use.
My image is Donkey behind cactus by Sew Many Cards. I cut it with a Spell Binders and I also embossed the die cut pieces. It is colored with Copics and I used my olive colored Spica on the cactus needles.
My second card uses Cow and Chicken, and is today's Friday Freebie. I really like this image. Everyone on the team colored it so differently. I liked them all. You can get the Freebie today and today only.
Cow and Chicken was colored with Copics and I used some Stickles on the chickens tail feathers. I cut the bale of hay with my Cricut machine using the Old West cartridge. It is the icon image on the very last page in the book.

I also embossed the paper behind the image and pop-dotted the image up after hand cutting it.

I am entering the first card in the following challenges:
IC Sketches #120 sketch
Cards For Men #13 Stars

The second card is being entered in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday #196sketch

7 comments:

  1. Mari, those are so great. I love the images. Those are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards....Love the images and your colours and papers are gorgeous...Thanks for sharing with us at Cards for Men...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That image and sentiment are so funny together- fab card! Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men and good luck!
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little donkey in the first image is adorable! Both cards are cute, great work!

    Rebecca
    www.polkadotdoordesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo cute, what is he doing this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your cards. You got those stars in there. Great image. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men Challenge. I love seeing your creations. Good luck on the challenge.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Thank you for playing at ICS xx

    ReplyDelete