Friday, March 25, 2011

Eggs

Eggs - I have two cards for you today. If my husband was here instead of Iraq, he would be "cracking" all kinds of yokes, I mean jokes.

The challenge this week at Sew Many Challenges is "Spring Fling" and as you can see, I have been doing Easter cards. The first card uses Halen Easter Egg. Don't you just love how his little hands and ears poke through the shell?

My DP is from my stash. I distressed my paper with my Tim Holtz distressing tool and wrapped some hemp around the triangle pieces.The pearls are a bronze Viva Decor pearl pen. I also used some brown Stickles.

My second card uses this weeks Friday Freebie. It is available today and today only, so head over and get some eggs for yourself.
The DP is from a Seasonal block, which I believe is by Paper Studio. The ribbon is from the dollar spot at Target, the buttons are from the dollar area at Michaels, and the eggs are from the Seasonal Shop at Hobby Lobby.


The eggs are colored with Copics. I added some Stickles to the egg patches and the bow patch, I added Flower Soft "Spring" to the center of the flowers.
1st card:

4 comments:

  1. Both of these Easter cards are wonderful, with excellent coloring! Such an adorable and funny image and sentiment on the first card, and the second card is so pretty and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All simply adorable, the image and papers are great, perfect male card. A great take on the sketch.

    TFS
    http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your image on the first card-so funny! Great cards! Thanks for following our sketch at Cards for Men.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty cards Mari, I love the images and the colours you've used. Thank you for joining us for our sketch challenge and DT call at Cards for Men, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete